We had our 2nd meeting for the community bonding period on Thursday, 23rd May 2019 at 13:45 CEST or 17:15 IST, which was as always conducted on #grimoirelab channel; which is also the kick-start meeting for the Coding Period. Some of the points discussed are listed and summarized below :
# Setting up time slots for weekly meetings
- I had proposed a weekly schedule to my mentors during the meeting as : we can have meeting on IRC every Friday and I’ll put up blog post (a summary of work done till the point and to be done in that week) on every Monday. Fortunately, after some discussion and also one of my fellow GSoC student agreeing for the same, we could fix time slot as 12:30 CEST or 16:00 IST and for Aniruddha as 13:15 or 16:00 IST. So that we could attend each other’s meeting.
# Plan for the next few days
- As i’ve been actively contributing to Graal starting right before the application period till now, I had only got some time to experiment and understand the entire Grimoirelab toolchain. It’s really important to understand as interfacing and adaptation for some changes may cause bottleneck in future. For this reason, @valeriocos (one of my mentors) suggested me to spend my next few days in order to understand the working and open an issue for discussion of the same. Adding to it, @jgbarah (also one of my mentors) suggested after completely understanding, we could refine the documentation under grimoirelab-tutorial.
- I’ve opened up an issue ticket ( chaoss/grimoirelab-tutorial#84 ) for the task. So, i’ll will be experimenting with the component as there’s a surprise in the next paragraph ;)
# A Webinar for understanding and using Grimoirelab components
During the meeting, @valeriocos suggested that we could have a webinar on “How to setup and use GrimoireLab Components”. I liked the idea and after discussing with everyone, It’s finally happening 🎉. As of now we’ve decided that, it’ll be conducted on Tuesday, 28th May 2019 from 14:00 to 15:00 CEST or 17:30 to 18:30 IST on Google Hangouts. So, I’m really looking forward to it :)
- Next meeting will be conducted on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 12:30 CEST or 16:00 IST, so i’ll write a post on that too. (i.e officially the beginning of Coding Period. XD)
- IRC conversation log of the 2nd community bonding period meeting can be found here
- GSoC project proposal
- Project tracker can be found here
I’ll be posting updates on the mailing list as well as on the twitter thread.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please make sure to comment down below ;)
« ☀️ Accepted for GSoC 2019
[week-1] Learning how micro-mordred works.. »